Where Do I Start?
Finding the right research opportunity can take time and patience, but the Undergraduate Research Program is here to help. Check out the opportunities listed both for our campus research options and summer experiences. Individual advising is also available, and we recommend you attend UR seminars listed below.
By attending these seminars, you can learn more about preparing to apply for research opportunities from both participants and faculty sponsors, and gain insider knowledge from those reviewing applications and what to expect in a research experience.
- Why should I look for Undergraduate Research experiences?
- Monday, August 24th, 10:00-11:00 AM
- Monday, August 24th, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 25th, 9:00-10:00 AM
- Tuesday, August 25th, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 26th, 11:00-12:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 26th, 1:00-2:00 PM
- Thursday, August 27th, 10:00-11:00 AM
- Thursday, August 27th, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Friday, August 28th, 10:00-11:00 AM
- How do I find a faculty research mentor?
- Monday, August 31th, 10:00-11:00 AM
- Monday, August 31th, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 1st, 9:00-10:00 AM
- Tuesday, September 1st, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 2nd, 11:00-12:00 PM\
- Wednesday, September 2nd, 1:00-2:00 PM
- Thursday, September 3rd, 10:00-11:00 AM
- Thursday, September 3rd, 2:00-3:00 PM
- Friday, September 4th , 10:00-11:00 AM
Fall 2019 Seminars
The following seminars will take place in Marston 2300 from 3:10-4:00 PM
- August 28th - Why do undergraduate research? (Svitlana Zbarska)
- September 4th - How to find a faculty mentor (Svitlana Zbarska)
- September 11th - Deciphering Chronic Health Issues with Data Tools (Sree Nilakanta)
- September 18th - Acoustic-Assisted Additive Manufacturing (Shan Hu)
- September 25th - Math Biology: Applying Real Math to Real Problems (Claus Kadelka)
- October 2nd - Heated Pavement Technologies (Halil Ceylan)
- October 9th - Applying Arts-Based Research to Leadership Studies and Other Disciplines (KP Williams)
- October 16th - What is Fractional Calculus? (Farzad Sabzikar)
- October 23rd - Can We Stop Pollinator Declines? (Hint: Yes) (Matt O'Neal)
- October 30th - How Can We Improve Water Quality in Agricultural Landscapes? (Mike Castellano)
- November 6th - Health Care Policy Across the Life Cycle (Mack Shelley)
- November 13th - Machine Learning for Imaging: 2 Case Studies (Jennifer Newman)
- November 20th - Human-Agent Teaming (Stephen Gilbert)