If you have any questions regarding:
- your current or future undergraduate research involvement
- need assistance in faculty mentor search
- need assistance in application process for the Summer Undergraduate Research programs
- looking for an opportunity to present your research project
- looking for leadership opportunities in Undergraduate Research
- searching for funding support or awards in undergraduate research
Please schedule an appointment with Dr. Svitlana Zbarska via AccessPlus/Navigate Student/Appointment/Schedule Campus Appointment/Academic Advising/Undergraduate Research. Appointments are available in-person and virtually. If you have a quick question regarding undergraduate research, you could email Dr. Zbarska firstname.lastname@example.org, call 515-294-2064 or stop by her office in 2132 Jischke Honors Building.
Sign up for UR News
Students play significant roles in Iowa State’s research mission. They work alongside top-notch faculty and staff who are exploring new ideas and finding solutions to real problems. They are part of the team, gaining firsthand experience with equipment and laboratory procedures. Often, they connect with other students who have adventurous minds and become part of a student-led project. Getting involved in a research activity complements your coursework and adds another dimension to your Iowa State experience. The opportunities are as rich as your imagination.
Research opportunities for students can be found across the university, in laboratories and libraries, in the field or at a computer, and in disciplines that represent the breadth of ISU’s mission.
Getting involved in research offers you a valuable opportunity to gain skills, to learn more about a field of study, and to make a difference in today's world.