Why Do Research?
At ISU, undergraduate research and creative expression is defined as “student engagement in scholarship (e.g., a research or creative project), which is supervised by faculty or appropriate academic professionals and which leads to systematic discovery, application of knowledge, or product of creative expression. This work may support other professional research, or may itself be made public and subject to scholarly response.”
Engaging in research lets you...
- Connect theory to practice
- Work as part of a team
- Develop skills and experience
- Clarify your interest & goals
- See a different side of the university
- Sow the seeds of a career
- Develop mentoring relationships
- Participate in the discovery of knowledge